Kedleston Voice have been exploring all options and been liaising with our barristers.
We are now seeking further legal advice to look at whether we can challenge the Inspector’s report.
The main option open to us is Judicial Review where the decision would be scrutinised by barristers who are independent of the Government and the planning system. KV considers this would be valuable in view of the many areas of concern about the Inspector’s conduct and decision. These concerns are detailed in the attached letters.
These letters are templates for the local MPs. Please find the time to send them by post or email as soon as possible. A deluge of letters to MPs will help to keep the profile high and strengthen our case. (See below).
Pauline Latham has raised the case in Parliament and expressed her concern about the precedent set for other Grade 1 listed sites. She is concerned the system is broken and is causing damage.
We will keep you informed about what a Judicial Review would entail. You will already have guessed that there will be a cost. Kedleston Voice needs to know if residents are willing to give a small amount more and also whether there are any benefactors who could make a more significant contribution. Please see the attached funding letter.
WE HAVE LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO DECIDE IF WE ARE TO CHALLENGE THIS FLAWED DECISION.
We look forward to your thoughts and we will keep you informed.
Please reply on this email firstname.lastname@example.org